[Dnsmasq-discuss] define IPv6 prefix for host-records

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri May 5 18:24:32 BST 2017

How do your machines get their IPv6 addresses, and specifically, their
changed IPv6 addresses after the prefix changes.?If you're using DHCPv6
with dnsmasq as the server, then something like this is already
available: if you have a dhcp-range line which has the constructor:
keyword, then you can have IPv6 addresses in dhcp-host lines which have
zero network part, and the relevant prefix will be substituted in.