[Dnsmasq-discuss] Announce: dnsmasq-2.77rc4

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun May 21 11:49:58 BST 2017

Am 20.05.2017 um 22:50 schrieb Simon Kelley:
> I've just mase the fourth, and probably final, release candidate for
> dnsmasq-27. Please download, compile and run, and report any problems
> ASAP. If all looks OK, 2.77 will happen in the next week.
>
> http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/release-candidates/dnsmasq-2.77rc4.tar.gz

GCC 5 and 6 also have this complaint, and they are right, unless you
prove that the address family is either AF_INET or AF_INET6.
If the latter isn't true, memcpy() copies to whichever garbage address
was in the stack and picked up by [auto] void *addrp.

edns0.c: In function 'calc_subnet_opt':
edns0.c:350:7: warning: 'addrp' may be used uninitialized in this
function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
       memcpy(opt->addr, addrp, len);

Cheers,
Matthias