[Dnsmasq-discuss] specifying dhcp options in proxy mode

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 23 07:05:08 BST 2017

On 23/05/2017 01:14, Simon Kelley wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge it's _only_ PXE clients which can accept
> extra options from a proxy. PXE is a superset of DHCP, which includes
> that functionality. The DHCP clients run by the OS are just that - DHCP
> clients, they don't know how to do the PXE proxy-server tricks.

It seems that the discussion went into a direction that I didn't expect.

Let me try to make it simpler (for me) again.
So, should dnsmasq in the DHCP proxy mode be able to send a root-path option?

--
Andriy Gapon