[Dnsmasq-discuss] proxy for pxe - intro

Carl Karsten carl at nextdayvideo.com
Thu May 25 18:16:20 BST 2017

Andriy's questions have me interested, maybe this will help when I want to
pxe boot a machine but don't have access to the dhcp server.

like if I have 2 laptops B (proxy) and C (pxe client) both plugged into a
lan with dhcp server A and gateway G.  I want C to get IP/subnet/gateway
assigned by A, but also next-server/filename assigned by B.

I am assuming there is some trick to tell C to only work with proxy B and
ignore responses from A?

can it be done with settings or do I need to physically (or switch config)
isolate C from A?

feel free to point me at a doc that explains this