[Dnsmasq-discuss] Change dns result for FACEBOOK.COM

wkitty42 at gmail.com wkitty42 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 00:42:42 BST 2017

On 05/29/2017 07:18 AM, Jorge Bastos wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I'd like to change the result of some dns query's, in particular, I want to
> change the result of the query for FACEBOOK.COM.
>
> Is this possible with dnsmasq?

absolutely...

in your dnsmasq.conf file, add the following lines...

# block these domains with NXDOMAIN
server=/example.com/
server=/facebook.com/
server=/fbcdn.net/
server=/fbcdn.com/
server=/facebook.net/

and you should look in the manual about the use of this config verb so that you
understand it more fully than this simple example can provide ;)