[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasqd crash

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant kevin at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk
Mon Jun 19 09:56:37 BST 2017

On 19/06/17 01:02, Justin Jose wrote:
> ​​​Hi,
>

> I got a couple of dnsmasqd crash and on investigating I found the crash
> is due to accessing a NULL pointer.

What version of dnsmasq?

> I have a fix for this problem and attached with this mail.
>

> Would you have any suggestion for this fix?

hostname_isequal is used in quite a few places and should never be
passed a null pointer, so in my opinion the fix is a sticking plaster
over the issue and has the potential result of leaving null pointers
hanging around for other functions to fall over anyway.  The root cause
should be found and squished.  Any idea which particular call to
hostname_isequal was involved?

Cheers,

Kevin