[Dnsmasq-discuss] clients getting wrong gateway

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Wed Jun 28 22:24:59 BST 2017

On 28/06/17 13:25, Keith Lyons wrote:
> I have Dnsmasq configured for option 82 for three different subents:
> 10.192.4.x, 10.192.5.x and 10.192.9.x, all of the clients get the proper
> IP's as expected via the Option 82 statements, but the 10.192.5 and
> 10.192.9.x clients are getting the Gateway for the 10.19.4.x subnet.
>
> We are using Juniper switches and they are setup for DHCP relay, and
> only one nic on the dnsmasq instance. Dnsmasq is running on a Centos 7
> virtual machine.
>
> For each subnet declared I am declaring the corresponding gateway like this:
> dhcp-option=option:router,10.192.4.1
> dhcp-option=option:router,10.192.5.1
> dhcp-option=option:router,10.192.9.1
>
> Any insight on how to do this so that the clients each get the proper
> gateway would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I can post the full conf file if that would be helpful
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith

The solution might be a simple as removing the
dhcp-option=option:router,....... lines completely. If the DHCP relay is
running on the router (and it sounds like it is) then the defaults will
just do the right thing.

Failing that, you're going to need to learn about DHCP tags, and
selecting the correct router option using tags set from the option 82 data.