[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq 2.77 not playing nicely with glibc?

Marcus Thiesen marcus at thiesen.org
Mon Jul 24 20:17:44 BST 2017

Good Evening,

I just wrote a lengthy analysis on serverfault.com (
https://serverfault.com/questions/864901/dnsmasq-makes-ping-start-slowly)
which is basically my observation that using programs that resolve names in
the beginning shows a slow startup. I then realized that I can make that go
away by setting "options single-request" in my /etc/resolv.conf, because
the docs say "Some appliance DNS servers cannot handle these queries
properly and make the requests time out." But I didn't actually think that
dnsmasq would have an issue with that. Am I missing something? Because that
has been the default behaviour for 10 years now of glibc and I guess that I
wouldn't be the first one to notice that.

Regards,
    Marcus

--
Marcus Thiesen :: blog.thiesen.org :: @mthiesen :: 0173 / 28 01 82 4