[Dnsmasq-discuss] Dnsmaq giving default gateway address as dns server on DHCP offer

Anoop Ravi anoopravik at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 05:53:52 BST 2017

Hi,

I am using dnsmasq as dns and dhcp server on my device. Somehow dnsmasq is not giving correct dns server address to my clients. Instead it is giving default gateway ip. I have correct dns servers listed in resolv.conf and my dnsmasq.conf is pointing to correct resolv file using "resolv-file" parameter. I am running dnsmasq as below.

dnsmasq -u nobody -q --dhcp-authoritative -C /var/dnsmasq.conf

From the logs,I could see that it is reading resolv.conf

reading /etc/resolv.conf
using nameserver xx.xx.xx.xx#53
using nameserver xx.xx.xx.xx#53
using nameserver xx.xx.xx.xx#53

While client connects, I can see that dnsmasq offering default gateway address as dns-server ip.

sent size:   4 option:  6 dns-server  x.x.x.x

Is there anything wrong in my parameters? why is not giving correct dns servers?

Thanks
Anoop

Sent from my iPhone