[Dnsmasq-discuss] Extension to hosts-dir and dhcohosts-dir

Andy Hawkins andy at gently.org.uk
Thu Feb 8 15:18:00 GMT 2018

Hi all,

Would it be possible to extend hosts-dir and dhcphosts-dir to also allow the
specification of a file mask to process within those directories?

I'm finding that when I edit files in those directories, my editor creates a
backup file (original file name with ~ appended) and these backup files are
then processed by dnsmasq leading to a duplicate.

Would be nice if they could be made to work the same was as conf-dir does.

Thanks

Andy