[Dnsmasq-discuss] Extension to hosts-dir and dhcohosts-dir

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Mon Feb 12 15:06:46 GMT 2018

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 01:41:19PM -0000, Andy Hawkins wrote:
> In article <20180212104746.GB9226 at gpm.stappers.nl>, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > FWIW  I'm formatting the patch so it be `git am`
> } FWIW  I'm formatting the patch so it can be `git am` processed
>
> Is this the 'correct' way to do it?
> I couldn't really find any information on how to contribute to dnsmasq.

 (-:

Sending patches that "git apply-mail" can handle, brings often success.
I think it is because project owner doesn't need to spend
brain power on creating a commit message, pasting in authors name.

> > It will have Andy's name, but no sign-off.
>
> Is that something I need to do?

If you agree with it.  I, who reformatted the patch and wrote
a commit message, am in no postition to sign-off with Andy's name.
Sending an email in his name already feels wrong ...

My previous message
> > FWIW  I'm formatting the patch so it can be `git am` processed
> > It will have Andy's name, but no sign-off.
in other words:
|Yes, dnsmasq in nice software. I do use it, I do want to contribute.
|I do follow the mailinglist. I have seen a patch on the mailinglist.
|Also seen that it will take Simon Kelley more then needed effort
|to be applied to the git repository. So I announced the reformatting
|and use (abuse?) of Andy's name in the upcoming e-mail.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven