[Dnsmasq-discuss] Caching optimization

Matt Johnson bigjohns97 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 21:36:53 BST 2018

I monitoring the caching of dnsmasq and having set the max value of 3600
for all of the ttl options in the conf file I was wondering how come some
CNAME entries are not cached in the same way A records are?

Is there a way to enable caching for these cname records so the next time
they are queried by clients they fall under cache rules like A records?

Also I was hoping to overcome the max value of 3600 for min-cache-ttl
settings can you point me where to remove that from the source?

thanks in advance