[Dnsmasq-discuss] No DNS server assigned to dhcp clients if port != 53 in dnsmasq.conf

B. Cook bcook at poughkeepsieschools.org
Sat Jun 30 17:19:18 BST 2018

I am not the original poster..

8< -- snip -- >8

I want to run my DNS on port 59.

I want dnsmasq to assign my clients my DNS server running on port 59.

Why doesn't it.

8< -- snip -- >8

That is how I am understanding the original request.

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018, 12:11 PM Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 08:39:56AM -0500, Gordon Hsiao wrote:
> > If in my dnsmasq.conf I used a different port other than 53 for dns,
> > dnsmasq never assigns DNS server to my dhcp clients, is this a feature
> or a
> > bug? for port 53 everything works as expected, of course.
>
> Please elaborate
>

> Groeten
> Geert Stappers
> Who thinks that original poster has encountered a good feature
> --
> Leven en laten leven

This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for
the individual(s) named. If you are not an intended recipient you are not
authorized to disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system.