[Dnsmasq-discuss] Just listen on one interface

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 18:46:32 BST 2018

How much do I need in dnsmasq.conf to tell it to

1. Only do your thing on eth2. Leave other interfaces alone.
1.1. Listen only on eth2 only. I take this is done with

bind-interfaces
interface=eth2

1.2. Do not try to edit the /etc/resolv.conf file. I do want to keep
the DNS on that port completely separate from the one used on the rest
of the interfaces. Right now it is taking over:

cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.0.1
search domain.com

1.3. Listen to dhcp queries. I have

# DHCP IP range
dhcp-range=192.168.0.150,192.168.0.250,12h

And it is not answering any request.