[Dnsmasq-discuss] Zone transfer fails without any error

Wojtek Swiatek w at swtk.info
Fri Aug 3 13:16:45 BST 2018

Le ven. 3 août 2018 à 14:06, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> a
écrit :

> What's the result of doing
>
> dig @192.168.0.10 SOA swtk.info
>

> It looks like that could be what's failing, rather than the actual zone
> transfer.

Hello Simon

After one night spent on the subject I finally managed this morning to have
it working (and finally read the man page from beginning to end :))

I think that what worked was to add to the config file

auth-zone=swtk.info
auth-sec-servers=rpi-dmz

and define rpi-dmz in /etc/hosts

Before I had only

auth-sec-servers=192.168.0.13

which was probably not enough on its own (the docs suggested that parameter
for zone transfers).

The transfer works but unfortunately the serial is not updated when I make
changes (by adding hosts to /etc/hosts for instance, and maybe when the IPs
provided by dnsmasq change (I do not know yet)). It stays at 1.
I have to manually delete the zone on the slave to have it re-transferred
upon changes.

Not being sure of the right etiquette for this list: should i send a new
email with that question?

Thank you for your help!
Wojtek