[Dnsmasq-discuss] Conditional arguments depending on dhcp option 77 (user class)

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:22:52 BST 2018

On Thursday 09 August 2018 17:57:11 Oliver Rath wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> configuring ipxe boot recommends configuring an isc-dhcp-server i.e. in
> this way:
>
>   if exists user-class and option user-class = "iPXE" {
>       filename "http://my.web.server/real_boot_script.php";
>   } else {
>       filename "undionly.kpxe";
>   }
>
> reffering to dhcp option 77 "User Class Information". Is it possible to build a similar construct in dnsmasq.conf?
>
> Tfh!
> Oliver

Hi! I'm using something like this in dnsmasq.conf:

enable-tftp
tftp-root=/var/lib/tftp
dhcp-vendorclass=set:PXE,PXE
dhcp-userclass=set:iPXE,iPXE
dhcp-boot=tag:PXE,"undionly.kpxe"
dhcp-boot=tag:iPXE,"http://my.web.server/..."

Generic PXE clients receive iPXE binary and iPXE clients receive URL.
Non-PXE clients receive nothing.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com