[Dnsmasq-discuss] Asigning IP DHCP IP by device type.

Petr Mensik pemensik at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 09:52:44 GMT 2018

I think dhcp-option, dhcp-vendorclass, dhcp-mac, dhcp-match and using
tags is what you are looking for. I am afraid dnsmasq does not document
what kind of devices send what parameters. It should be somehow simple
to identify iOS, it might be more difficult with androids. I think they
all present hostname beginning with android-*. Never tried to use it
myself however. dhcp-range can be different for different tags.

On 10/28/2018 01:58 PM, Ramses wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a doubt and I can't found a solution...
>
> Does anybody know, and can day me, if there is any way to configure DNSMasq to asign IP depending if device type that requests the IP?
>
> I want to define various IP Ranges to asign the IP depending, by example, if the request came from smartphones (Android / IOS) or others.
>

> Regards,
>
> Ramsés

Petr Menšík
Software Engineer