[Dnsmasq-discuss] duplicate dhcp-host IP address

Roy Marples roy at marples.name
Mon Nov 12 15:12:58 GMT 2018

Hi List

dnsmasq has this lovely piece of code
http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=blob;f=src/option.c;h=462796996ef208bd013eece70fce51e7dc1a45ad;hb=HEAD#l3240

This effectively stops me using dnsmasq to give the same IP address to
wired and wireless interfaces (which are on the same network) of my laptop.
The laptop in question runs NetBSD + dhcpcd can is more than capable of
having the same address UP on >1 interface.

Can this be removed, or an option added to disable the check please?
I want to enjoy a persitent ssh shell from/to it while swapping between
wired/wireless without it droping due to changing the IP address.

Thanks

Roy