[Dnsmasq-discuss] Determine wireless SSID

Luis Kleber luis.kleber at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:03:38 GMT 2019

If you can enable "DHCP option 82" on your Netgear Wifi then I think Yes.
When enabled, look for DHCP packets on dnsmasq server  "tcpdump -i ethx
-nnvvvN port 67"

Something like this should appear:
Circuit-ID SubOption 1 :  "Netgear wifi guest ..."

In dnsmasq config file:
dhcp-circuitid=set:TEST1,"Netgear wifi guest ..."
dhcp-range=net:TEST1,192.168.31.171,192.168.31.179,86400s
dhcp-option=tag:TEST1,3,192.168.31.1
dhcp-option=tag:TEST1,option:dns-server,8.8.8.8