[Dnsmasq-discuss] Improvement: new disabled logging facility

Alexandre Besnard alexandre.besnard at softathome.com
Mon Jul 8 13:51:17 BST 2019

Hello everyone,

here is an improvement proposal for logs, which I may implement if it
makes sense.

As I understand it, disabling logs for dnsmasq is usually done by
disabling the log-queries, whatever the selected facility.

As far as I looked into the code, there is no 'no output' facility to
select.

Would it make sense to add such a facility, which entirely disables
logging when selected?

In my opinion, that would make the 'no logging' wish a bit clearer and
cleaner (it may even gain a tiny little bit of performance?), with a
pretty simple implementation.

Thanks for your opinion,

Alexandre