[Dnsmasq-discuss] Web interface for DNSmasq

john doe johndoe65534 at mail.com
Thu Aug 8 07:45:42 BST 2019

On 8/7/2019 11:29 PM, Robert Shelton (NexusNet) wrote:
> I am looking for a web interface for DNSmasq. I found and successfully
> installed webmin only to discover that the DNSmasq module appears to be
> old and currently unavailable. Can anyone point me to a solution - need
> not be webmin, although that looks like a nice/useful admin tool that
> I'd be happy to use for DNS admin.

The following URLs are untested:

https://github.com/SloCompTech/dnsmasq-gui
https://github.com/TimJuni/webdnsmasq

OpenWrt uses Dnsmasq and can be configured using the GUI.

An other approach is to edit, for example, '/etc/dnsmasq.conf' manually
but you still need to remember the command to put in the file.
You can do that in Webmin by editing the file directly even if there is
no support for Dnsmasq.

P.S.

If you insist on using the GUI, you might consider Bind.

--
John Doe