[Dnsmasq-discuss] code style, decision

Dominik dl6er at dl6er.de
Thu Sep 12 09:22:18 BST 2019

If we change anything at all, we should not solely use tabspace.

Imagine only when we're at level 5 in the code, this works mean 5*8=40 (useless) indentation space before the actual code starts. This makes the code rather unreadable when editing with CLI tools like vim where there is typically less displaying slave available than in fancy IDE applications.
Note that many editors jump back to the very beginning when there is an empty line.

If at all, I'd vote for converting the existing tabstops to 8 spaces and keep the indentation step of 2 spaces per level.

Best,
Dominik