[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq coding style

Maarten de Vries maarten+dnsmasq at m.de-vri.es
Thu Sep 26 18:47:45 BST 2019

On 26-09-2019 18:03, Kurt H Maier wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 03:10:00PM +0300, Ariel Miculas wrote:
>> What about the issue regarding trailing whitespaces? There are empty lines
>> which have random tabs/spaces, also there are spaces before newline
>> characters.
>> What is the rationale against removing trailing whitespaces?
> This stuff only matters if your tooling is broken.
>
> khm

Which is my it matters for open source projects. There will be people
with broken tooling that commit trailing whitespace.

And whitespace fixes can definitely make certain git tasks (like
merging, rebasing or just inspecting diffs) more difficult than they
otherwise would be. So it isn't a weird idea to aim for consistent
white-space usage.

-- Maarten