[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq coding style, trailing white space

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Fri Sep 27 22:27:40 BST 2019

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 07:23:53AM +0200, john doe wrote:
> On 9/26/2019 7:47 PM, Maarten de Vries wrote:
> >> This stuff only matters if your tooling is broken.
> >>

> > Which is my it matters for open source projects. There will be people
> > with broken tooling that commit trailing whitespace.
> >

> That is the issue,
> simply use a hook to avoied that 'pre-commit' in this case.

Please elaborate that.
So that further adding of trailing white spaces can be avoided.

  git log -p 90d7c6b97dbae2c913e...90d7c6b97dbae2c913e~1
shows at my screen many green lines for added lines
plus a red block indicating "WARNING, here is trailing white space"

Commit 90d7c6b97dbae2c913 is currently the most recent commit.
In others words: It make sense to tell right now how to
avoid trailing white space. It is not an old mistake.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven