[Dnsmasq-discuss] FreeBSD TFTP issue (failure to serve via IPv4) reported against 11.3/12.x

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Oct 13 16:33:12 BST 2019

Am 13.10.19 um 00:34 schrieb Simon Kelley:
> The patch in the buzilla entry looks good to me. The dnsmasq code is
> wrong and has been for some time. The version-dependent failure is
> probably down to the order in which the data is added to the control
> array, or the relative size of the two datastructures changing.
>
> http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=936bd82755e8f75fc09c1e9a67fb390175b157d4
>
> should fix things. PLs test.

Simon,

I played around with a FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE jail for amd64.

I could reproduce the original bug as reported,
and can confirm that the patch fixes TFTP service for me.

The FreeBSD port has been updated in the head and quarterly branches,
and package 2.80_4 should fix things.
Thank you.

Regards,
Matthias