[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq won't run on Debian 10.1 buster

john doe johndoe65534 at mail.com
Mon Oct 14 06:33:10 BST 2019

Please post through the list.

On 10/13/2019 10:17 PM, Guillaume B. wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Sorry for the late reply I got caught up with multiple reinstals of Debian
> images.
>
> I need dnsmasq for its min-cache-ttl option and other options like
> clear-on-reload, stop-dns-rebind and dns-loop-detect, that can't be
> configured with solely dnsmasq-base.
>
> I tried installing resolvconf and kept it virgin but it didn't change the
> fact that with dnsmasq installed I still couldn't get a DHCP lease from my
> router. Maybe you have some configuration options for resolvconf to suggest
> me for it to work.
>
> Same as number one, I want to use dnsmasq for its extra options.

I don't see how I can help you further other then:
- Have you looked in the log when it is not working
- The internet (the one connected to your upstream dhcp server)
interface is 'excluded' ('except-interface=')

If my understanding is correct you only need the DNS capability of
dnsmasq, consider disabling the internal DHCP server.

If I may, I would sort things out without NM then I would bring it back
into the mix! :)

P.S.

Posting on 'debian-user' maling list might be useful because it does
look to me like it is a Dnsmasq issue.

--
John Doe