[Dnsmasq-discuss] Server-specific cache settings

Nate Collins ncollins at xes-inc.com
Fri Oct 25 20:37:43 BST 2019

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to specify different cache sizes for different servers in dnsmasq.conf (or outright disable caching for one server). For example, if two upstream nameservers were configured - a local server which updates DNS records quickly, where you would want little or no cache as to get the most up-to-date records, and Google's DNS, for which you would want a larger cache as to not be querying it constantly.

I didn't see anything obvious in the manpage or related wiki articles, so I thought I'd ask here.

- Nate