[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to update ipv6 for own interface? (Updated info)
john.sd.siu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 03:31:12 GMT 2019
Ok, let me elaborate more.
I have following setup:
Linux router server:
- OS: Ubuntu 18.04
- wide-dhcp-client on external(internet facing) nic
- dnsmasq on lan interface(hostname: router) as dns, ipv4 + ipv6 dhcp
- lan interface IPv6 configure by wide-dhcp-client, IPv4
static(172.16.168.1) via netplan
- internal domain: int.johnsiu.com(configure in dnsmasq)
Servers on LAN
- couple mac, linux machines on lan network
- all have static dhcp ipv4 from dnsmasq.
- all have ipv4 entry in router /etc/hosts
dnsmasq is able to do dns resolve for all linux machines for both ipv4 and
ssh -4 test.int.johnsiu.com
ssh -6 test.int.johnsiu.com
However, this does not work for the router lan interface. I already did
In /etc/dnsmasq.d/lan.conf, I have following lines for router:
While "ssh -4 router.int.johnsiu.com" works, "ssh -6 router.int.johnsiu.com"
Is there a way to make it happen?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Dnsmasq-discuss