[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq sending truncated DHCPv6 packets

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 14:09:48 GMT 2019

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 at 18:36, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:

> > The patch to fix this is trivial: change the save_counter() call to
> >
> > save_counter(-1)
> >
> > I just checked, and this mistake only occurs here, and has been there
> > since forever.
> >
> > Good spot.
> >
> > Simon.
> >

> Patch committed:
>
> http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=f73f7397d7e99f8412b7dc465061d20f642cdc85

Thanks for taking a look at this and sorry it's taken so long to get
back to you,
I've applied your patch to v2.76 and I'm afraid it doesn't appear to
have solved the problem.

But I do have a little bit more info, I've noticed that this appears
to be linked to router advertisements, every
time I see a truncated packet it's always within milliseconds of a
router advertisement. When I turn off router
advertisements the truncated packets stop happening.