[Dnsmasq-discuss] Listening on 0.0.0.0 and using bind-interfaces

Kasper Grubbe kawsper at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 16:17:52 GMT 2019

Hi,

I'm currently trying to investigate some issues that I am seeing in the
logs:
dnsmasq: Maximum number of concurrent DNS queries reached (max: 150)

This is my configuration:
server=/consul/127.0.0.1#8600
listen-address=0.0.0.0
bind-interfaces

Some people suggested the error can happen when those two options are used
together, since that configuration can generate a loop:
https://github.com/eBayClassifiedsGroup/PanteraS/commit/9c73512ec86c4d20dc92bce97265475680d2cf57

I couldn't find anything in the man pages saying that this is dangerous, so
do you think that it should be added? Or maybe add a warning in the log.

Br.
--
Kasper Grubbe