[Dnsmasq-discuss] Dnsmasq reading /etc/resolv.conf with 127.0.0.1 in it

Kasper Grubbe kawsper at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 16:24:15 GMT 2019

Hi,

As I mentioned in my previous email I was looking into loops with Dnsmasq,
and I noticed something interesting when it booted:

> Started DNS caching server..
> Starting DNS caching server....
> started, version 2.76 cachesize 150
> compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt DBus no-i18n IDN DHCP DHCPv6 no-Lua
TFTP no-conntrack ipset auth no-DNSSEC loop-detect inotify
> using nameserver 127.0.0.1#8600 for domain consul
> reading /etc/resolv.conf
> using nameserver 127.0.0.1#8600 for domain consul
> using nameserver 127.0.0.1#53

This is because my resolv.conf looks like this:

options timeout:2 attempts:5
; generated by /usr/sbin/dhclient-script
search eu-west-1.compute.internal
nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 10.1.0.2

So this instructs Dnsmasq to talk to itself, but my question is, will it
talk with itself, or will it simply ignore 127.0.0.1#53?

Br.
--
Kasper Grubbe