[Dnsmasq-discuss] IPv6 configuration for Android clients

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Jan 8 22:21:17 GMT 2020

Thanks for the replies.  As Simon suggested, there must have been
something wrong in how I had configured IPv6 address for the WLAN
interface.

After I added IPv6 address 2001:db8:0:1::1 with prefix 64 in
NetworkManager IPV6 Settings of the hotspot WLAN connection, my Android
device got two IPv6 addresses with prefix 2001:db8:0:1 when it
connected to the WLAN.  One has labels "scope global temporary dynamic"
and the other has labels "scope global dynamic mngtmpaddr".

-- Juha