[Dnsmasq-discuss] Struggling with multiple nameservers

Harry Moyes boss at northfrost.com
Sun Jan 12 22:20:40 GMT 2020

On 12/01/2020 15:40, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 10:33:43PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:

>>> I've already mentioned this to the developers.
>>
>> Any prove of that?
>>

>>> The change is apparently intentional.
>>
>> Assumed or documented?
>>

> My questions from above are indeed terse.
>
> Let me elaborate
> |>
> |> Any prove of that?
>
> That question was written in the hope of getting an URL or email
> where can be read what was mentioned to the pihole developers.
>
> I still hope such email or URL pops up. The idea is to ask,
> differently as previously, to regain the lost functionality.
>

> Groeten
> Geert Stappers

Unless it has gone missing somewhere I have already replied to the question.

I misunderstood the response I got from the pihole-FTL developers.

pihole-FTL -v does not respond as dnsmasq does. Intentionally.

However if you submit the request as

pihole-FTL -- -v

you get exactly the same response as from dnsmasq including the compiled
options.

The subtly of the extra "--" passed me by initially.

As I said in my previous post, if I had understood the reply I got
better, I'd have saved myself a load of pain.

Other than possibly making that subtlety more obvious to the slower on
the uptake among us, like me, there is nothing else required here.

Harry