[Dnsmasq-discuss] address per interface

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Wed Jan 15 10:17:20 GMT 2020

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 10:58:15PM +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I run a config with multiple interface and a subnet per interface.
>
> Is there a way to apply the address configuration like
>
> address=/double-click.net/127.0.0.1
>
> only on a single interface or for a single subnet?

 Uwe might think you should have 2 DNSMASQ instances running, one for each
 interface. So each one only registers their own known DHCP clients (I
 assume the DHCP is also different for both subnets) and also returns
 them. You just need to make DNSMASQ bind to the interfaces directly
 (see bind-interfaces) option.

Regards
Geert Stappers
Quoting Uwe from a simular thread
Hoping that this one gets furhter response that can be read in
discussion order.  Yes, the response goes _below_ previous text.
--
> > > Merry
> > Mary who?
> Merry Christmas