[Dnsmasq-discuss] way to inject static host wireguard ip into dnsmasq.leases untill dhcp renewal

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Wed Mar 4 18:54:34 GMT 2020

Hello everybody,

I have a setup with wireguard vpn clients that sadly need a static IP.

I got a script running to detect if the host is connected.

I want to tell dnsmasq the IP of the host so I can use the dns resolve
of dnsmasq as kind of lease.

Then when dnsmasq provides a DHCP IP to this host it should overwrite
the IP again that was manually injected in dnsmasq.

So I do want it to work as a IP lease but let it rotate between the last
active IP (DHCP from dnsmasq or static IP from wireguard).

Any sane we of doing this?

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong