[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq Debian 10 ipset nftables

Sat Apr 25 12:54:10 BST 2020

Hello Simon,

thank you for your answer. That's a pity. I'm only a private user and not a company, so I can't donate a significant amount for this.
Is it really so complicated to add this feature?
The replacement of ipset is explained on the pages https://wiki.nftables.org/wiki-nftables/index.php/Moving_from_ipset_to_nftables and https://wiki.nftables.org/wiki-nftables/index.php/Sets.

If I understand it correctly, you only need one:
nft add set ip filter blackhole { type ipv4_addr\;}
nft add element ip filter blackhole { 192.168.3.4 }

As a result, dnsmasq would only need to perform an "nft add element" via the libnftnl library.
At https://git.netfilter.org/libnftnl/tree/examples there is an example "nft-set-elem-add.c". Wouldn't this be exactly what is needed?

Unfortunately I lack the programming skills to implement this myself.
I still hope that this feature will come, because nftables will replace iptables and is enabled by default in Debian nftables.

Kind regards