[Dnsmasq-discuss] OpenWrt - dnsmasq - debugging delayed responses

Daryl Richards daryl at isletech.net
Thu Jul 16 13:53:50 BST 2020

On 2020-07-15 9:13 p.m., Arseny Vakhrushev wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to debug delayed DHCP responses in OpenWrt 19.07.3. The machine is connected to the router via Ethernet to eliminate possible network latency and packet loss.
>
> I tried playing with the debugging options of dnsmasq as well as with all the DHCP related options including dhcp-reply-delay with no apparent success.

You might have tried this, but you didn't explicitly mention it:

-5, --no-ping
     (IPv4 only) By default, the DHCP server will attempt to ensure that
an address is not in use before allocating it to a host. It does this by
sending an ICMP echo request (aka "ping") to the address in question. If
it gets a reply, then the address must already be in use, and another is
tried. This flag disables this check. Use with caution.