[Dnsmasq-discuss] Make dnsmasq distinguish local IPs

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 13:42:02 BST 2020

I would check what addresses it is listening on. I think it considers
all loopback addresses its own. Probably because it would accept queries
to that address if you stop unbound.

It might help, if you configured it with this:
bind-interfaces
except-interface=lo0
listen-address=127.0.0.21

It would listen only on 127.0.0.21 and consider all other addresses not
its own. I think it should send queries there. It should then accept:
server=127.0.0.20
without ignoring it this way.