[Dnsmasq-discuss] Avoid conflicts between dnsmasq and systemd-resolved.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 09:16:40 BST 2020

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:06 PM Dominick C. Pastore
<dominickpastore at dcpx.org> wrote:

> > > What's the FallbackDNS servers and how can I find/list them?
> >
> > Good question.  The "hardcoded" suggest it is in source code.
>
> Yes, that is indeed the case. I'm not aware of what those defaults are, but they can be overridden or unset. See the description of the "FallbackDNS" option here: http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man5/resolved.conf.5.html

I found some public DNS servers in the source code here:

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/e66d2eeeeb4332ca94aeb62e95ec76f1f17ee9b7/meson_options.txt#L252

But I'm not sure whether they are the default/FallbackDNS for systemd-resolvd.

Regards,
HY

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>