[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNSmasq Forward DNS on Multiple Interfaces

Wed Sep 23 19:13:46 BST 2020

Hi,

I am using `hostapd` to setup WiFi hotspot networks on my Ubuntu 18.04.
I am using [this guide][1] to setup multiple SSIDs on my WiFi interface.
And to enable DHCP on the hotspot networks, I use `dnsmasq`.

I run a separate instance of `dnsmasq` for each SSID. Now, I have
multiple Ethernet interfaces available on this computer and I want each
`dnsmasq` instance to forward the DNS requests it receives on a
different Ethernet interface.

Is there an easy way to do this? In other words, is there a way to tell
`dnsmasq` which Ethernet interface to use for forwarding DNS queries? I
know that in theory I can use network namespaces to do this, but I'm
looking for an easier way.

Thank you!

-H

[1]: http://wiki.stocksy.co.uk/wiki/Multiple_SSIDs_with_hostapd