[Dnsmasq-discuss] Disabling IPv6 at compile time no longer working

WU, CHRIS cw1921 at att.com
Mon Oct 26 22:02:20 GMT 2020

In version 2.3 the ability to disable IPv6 at compile time was added with the -DNO_IPV6 flag in the CFLAGS.

release 2.3
       Allow IPv6 support to be disabled at compile time. To do
       that, add -DNO_IPV6 to the CFLAGS. Thanks to Oleg I. Vdovikin for the suggestion to do that.

In upgrading to a newer version of dnsmasq we've found that this flag is no longer disabling IPv6 support. I've searched through the changelog and man pages and cannot find mention of this feature changing. Is this a bug?  If not is there a different way to disable IPv6 support?