[Dnsmasq-discuss] [EXTERNAL] Re: UEFI PXE Boot Issue: dhcp-option 60

Wang Shanker shankerwangmiao at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:19:51 GMT 2020

Hi,

In theory, `dhcp-pxe-vendor` cannot prevent the special handling
of dhcp-option 60 when replying to pxe clients.

However, dnsmasq identifies a pxe client by matching "PXEClient"
string sent in the requests. By using this setting, you can specify
a dummy string for this like DUMMY6789, and normal pxe clients won't
be seen as pxe clients anymore by dnsmasq and thus the special
handling of dhcp-option 60 is disabled.

As I wrote in my previous mail. I strongly suspect the `pxe-prompt`
option is the cause of the problem.

Cheers,

Miao Wang