[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq and lxc-net integration on fedora 33

Orabuntu-LXC gilbert at orabuntu-lxc.com
Wed Dec 23 06:14:14 GMT 2020

Hi, I cannot get dnsmasq to issue a dhcp address via lxc-net on fedora 33.
I have compared it to a working system on Ubuntu 20.04 and what I find is
that when an lxc container starts, there is DHCPOFFER normal activity in
lxc-net status on Ubuntu 20.04, but not on Fedora 33 where the
configuration is afaik exactly the same.

I have tried various firewalld settings in case firewalld was blocking
somehow, but nothing has worked including disabling firewalld entirely as
well as disabling selinux entirely.  Tomorrow I will try  tcpdump and see
if there are clues there.  Thanks!

--
Gilbert Standen
Creator Orabuntu-LXC