[Dnsmasq-discuss] Secondary/tertiary dns servers in dhcp offers?

Al Hooton al@hootons.org
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:45:19 -0800

	Dnsmasq is great!  I got it it set up in about 20 minutes, and it's
doing everything I need.  Well, except for one small thing...   8^)=

	I have both dns and dhcp set up.  When the dnsmasq returns dhcp offers
to clients, it is sending itself as the primary dns server, which is
good.  However, it's not sending any secondary or tertiary dns server
addresses back to the clients for them to use if the primary dns server
is not available for some reason.

	I would have expected it to send any upstream servers it found
in /etc/resolv.conf as the secondary and tertiary servers for clients to
use when the primary is down.  I have gone through all the options in
dnsmasq.conf, read the FAQ, and googled around a bit, but I can't see
how to do this.

	All help appreciated!

Thanks,
Al