[Dnsmasq-discuss] Using dnsmasq with different domains for different subnets.

David Sankel David Sankel <camior@gmail.com>
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:33:09 +0100

Hello,

  I'm pushing dnsmasq a little further than I have before by allowing
it to host for two different subnets (on the same card, but different
VLANs).  This works fine and dandy, but I would like it to use a
different domain for each subnet; For example, freenet and offices.
Is there anyway I can do this with dnsmasq?

  My current conf has something like this:

domain=invalid

dhcp-range=offices,192.168.10.50,192.168.10.150,12h
dhcp-range=freenet,192.168.1.50,192.168.1.150,12h

# option 15 sets the domain name
dhcp-option=offices,15,offices
dhcp-option=freenet,15,freenet

Although the dhcp works perfectly, the domain name doesn't resolve to
what I'd like.  For example toledo.tst resolves but toledo.offices
doesn't.  I've tried commenting out the domain= part and I don't seem
to get any closer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David J. Sankel