[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP service to multiple subnets?

Scott Bussinger scottb@opto-pps.com
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:46:53 -0800

I searched the net looking to see if this question had been answered
somewhere, but didn't see anything. I'm putting together a Linux router box
to serve as the main gateway/firewall for my office and would like to use
DNSMasq on it for DNS and DHCP.

This box has several ethernet ports on it and each will be statically
assigned to a different subnet (one for the internet connection, one for
local machines, one for DMZ machines, and one for guest machines with
internet access but no local access)

If possible I'd like to use DNSMasq to provide DHCP services to each of the
subnets. Basically any machine attaching through eth3 would get one subnet,
machines attaching through eth2 would get a different subnet, etc. Is this
possible? It seems like there's sufficient capabilities to do this, but it's
not obvious to me how it would be done.

Thanks for your help!