[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq + samba??

GrantC grant_nospam@dodo.com.au
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:35:43 +1100

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:28:11 -0500, you wrote:

Robert wrote:
>I started getting the "endpoint not connected" error the other day while
>I was experimenting with samba-3.0.11 and turning off WINS support on
>the samba server.

Well, I found I had to put an lmhosts entry in for each subnet
for the firewall box, quieted one error source from winxp.

Simon wrote:
>> This looks like a routing/firewall problem (probably firewall, since
>> your network topology is fairly simple). Don't be mislead by the
>> "getpeername" failure in the smb log - this has nothing to do with DNS
>> lookups. getpeername is the system call to get the _address_ of the
>> far end of a TCP connection.

I'm still varying stuff in smb.conf -- it mostly works, and has
become a 'back-burner' problem.  I'll get lucky soon, 'Murphy'
has had too many wins lately :o)

I'll have another go at running the little laptop on linux, this
time with NFS mount /usr -- another machine not running win98
should reduce problems.

Cheers,
Grant.