[Dnsmasq-discuss] general question

Staenker staenker at web.de
Mon Jul 18 09:15:48 BST 2005

Hello,
i am new to dnsmasq. I modified the config file a bit and its still
working...

Now to my question: I want dnsmasq to resolv the names of its dhcp
clients. E.g. a client with mac 00:00:0c:00:99:00 requests an ipaddress.
Its name is george. After he has recieved ip 192.168.1.2  from dnsmasq
dhcpd i want to be able to ping him with "ping george". That doasn't
worked for me until i added a line to /etc/hosts with static ip. But if
george gets another ip that wont work.

So do i have to wrote a bash-script for dynamic changes of /etc/hosts or
is there any functionality provided by dnsmasq?

Regards,
Richard Hauswald