[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq listens on all interfaces

Christian Britz cbritz at gmx.net
Mon Aug 1 21:07:52 BST 2005

Simon Kelley schrieb:

> Have you actually tested if DNS queries via ppp0 are answered, or are

Actually I hadn't tested if DNS queries via ppp0 are answered.

> you just going by the results of running netstat? Have you read the FAQ,

I based my question on running nmap -sT from a remote machine. Actually
you are right: The port is shown as open but dnsmasq doesn't respond.

> especially the part about "bind-interfaces"?

To be honest: I have read it but I completely misunderstood that part.
Now I turned on that option and dnsmasq does what I want! :-)

Thank you very much,
Christian