[Dnsmasq-discuss] Re: Looking for 2 DNS Servers in Toronto, Canada which allow Recursive Query

Robert Kean rkean at keanconsulting.com
Thu Aug 25 16:40:56 BST 2005

kwon wrote:

>> The best suggestion I can make from Los Angeles is to try using the
>> servers from your prior ISP.
>

> My former ISP had gone out of business. :-0
>
>> Another possible alternative is NSLOOKUP.EXE, asking for NS records for
>> providers in your area.  If you can't find NSLOOKUP.EXE, I can Email it
>> to you; 96Kb zipped.
>

> Is NSLOOKUP.EXE a Windows program?
> Please do send me NSLOOKUP.EXE to “kwon at ac1.dyndns.org”.
> Thanks!

just my $0.02... but

I just pointed my dnsmasq daemon to 65.39.196.215 and was able to use it
without any problems... and I don't use them as an ISP.

what type of dns query are you attempting that is causing the "refused
to do a recursive search" error?

-rob

The information contained in this transmission is intended for the exclusive use of
the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
and/or protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not
disseminate, distribute or copy this communication.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately reply to the  sender and then delete
it.  Thank you for your compliance.